I love my periwinkles in the yard because...
• they are volunteers, self seeding from last years crop
• I have not watered them one single time this year
• same goes for fertilizer - nada zilch none
• they are blooming beautifully in front of my steps with NO care
• they can stand the heat and drought conditions
• the dogs run through the patio and brush them with their tails and they tolerate the beating
- the grasshoppers avoid the periwinkles in persuit of almost every other item in my yard
So do you grow periwinkles? What is must have plant?
Shot with my Hipstamatic for iPhone
Lens: John S
Film: Kodot XGrizzled
Nope, not here, but then since my yard is taken over by WEEDS!! ACK!!ReplyDelete
That's why I enjoy coming here 'cause you always have the greatest pics of yours. Love all your yard. :)
I had planted the whole front of the shop in periwinkle (Vinca) one year...they grew BEAUTIFULLY...They came back the Second year when in the Winter my BIL pulled them all up thinking he was helping me....GRRRRRR!!!!!ReplyDelete
They were the dark purple ones...
Guess I'll try it again next year!
Yours are Beautiful too...
I love me some periwinkles cause they tolerate the florida sun! low maintenance means they might live in my yard!ReplyDelete